Straight Up with Sherri

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Tell Congress to Give the World the Finger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Sign of VICTORY!!! Posted by Hello
Tell Washington to give terrorism the finger and show solidarity with Iraq tonight at the State of the Union Address. Someone emailed Neal Boortz this morning with the idea of having our elected officials coming to the State of the Union Address with ink stained fingers. In effort to further this idea, and encourage our representatives to do this, I have provided a link to make it easy to write to our Speaker of the House, Representative Dennis Hastert. How awesome would it be to see our representatives raise their hands and show the world what we are made of. Show them how determined and committed we are to support FREEDOM and ALL OF THOSE WILLING TO FIGHT FOR IT! Show the IRAQI people that they are ingrained into our hearts and minds! I encourage you to use the link below. Here is a copy of what I wrote:
(BTW- when you contact Speaker Hastert, you will be given the option of sending his office an email for free, or to have a letter hand delivered to Congress. I paid the $4.95 and had mine hand delivered!)

EMAIL HASTERT HERE!

Speaker of the House, Dennis Hastert

I heard the idea on the radio this morning that someone had for our elected officials to attend the President's State of the Union Address with inked fingers. I LOVE THIS IDEA!!! Please encourage your fellow representatives to show their support for the Iraqi people and pay homage to their courage and bravery. Ink those fingers- hold them high. Send the terrorists and the WORLD a message! PLEASE~~~~~~~~

Sincerely

Sherri Reese


UPDATE: Latest report indicates that this idea may have been originally put forth by Sean Hannity.

12 Comments:

  • Sherri -
    good post

    I DID IT

    I spent the $5 too. They have to know it costs $5 to send it to them, so I think the more letters they get delivered, they will get the message that it was worth the $5 to us to have them do it. I would pay $100 to see them do this. I LOVE IT!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:53 PM  

  • COOOOOLLL!!!!!!!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:58 PM  

  • TESTING......

    By Blogger Straight Up with Sherri, at 1:04 PM  

  • Because of the attacks on Iron Fist and his "friends" at LGF not even making a half-hearted attempt to defend him, I have decided to forego posting there indefintely. It is really sad that he has to read about people raking him over the coals behind his back. I have not liked everything he has written just as I know I write things that not everyone appreciates, but I did not hang all my complaints out on another blog where he had no way to defend himself. In that regard, I guess the fool that is so obsessed with him has one a battle. I really thought a lot of LGF and think them doing him that way is just pathetic.

    the real jlfintx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:57 PM  

  • testing

    By Blogger Straight Up with Sherri, at 8:36 PM  

  • What do you mean: 'no way to defend himself?'. You mean, 'no way to explain his lies', don't you? Not only is he able to post on these other blogs, but he has. Just not convincingly. His problem, jlfintx, is he got caught. But why that should stop you posting on LGF only you know.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:06 PM  

  • I know one thing-I don't have to hide beyond an anonymous name like you do.

    By Blogger jlfintx, at 10:54 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger jlfintx, at 10:58 PM  

  • OK, 'jlfintx' you got me there. I'll come clean. My name is zqbinak.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:02 AM  

  • Dear zqbinak

    I have to admit, I got a laugh out of that one and concede you got me.

    jlfintx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:38 PM  

  • would have been funnier if I'd used this name:
    MR. MXYZPTLK

    you know, the fourth dimensional imp from superman!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:30 PM  

  • I guess I didn't remember that from Superman. Does not ring a bell.

    By Blogger jlfintx, at 10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home