Straight Up with Sherri

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Good News, Bad News

I wish to invite all of the Minions, Groupies, and Trolls to celebrate with me for a moment. On Thursday, I begin a new job. I have been unemployed for two years, one week, and two days. I truly do love working; psychologically unemployment has been somewhat difficult for me. I have drawn great satisfaction and purpose on several blogs, most significantly Straight Up With Sherri. My new job is a great job with a terrific small company. It will require a commute lengthier than I prefer - but that is a minor shortcoming with numerous options for overcoming.

The bad news is that I will not be available as often and will not have the time to research many of the issues that I love. I will still be here whenever I can.

I wish to thank all of you for enhancing my life and providing your insights and perspectives on numerous topics. Thank you for sharing your feelings. Even though I may sometimes disagree with you, I have enjoyed your company and I am pleased to know you in whatever form you present yourself.

Most importantly, I express my gratitude to Sherri for the trust she has placed in me. For letting me usurp her soapbox and say anything I wish … and for her faith in me and her willingness to personally confide in me. Sherri and I have become very good friends in an amazingly short time. We have never met face-to-face and probably never will. She does hold a very special place in my heart.

Right Wing Nut Job