Straight Up with Sherri

Thursday, February 24, 2005

"I Think That Religion Stops People From Thinking."

Bill Maher seems to have a very high opinion of people of religious faith.



Yes, weare a nation that is unenlightened because of religion. I do believe that. I think that religion stops people from thinking. I think it justifies crazies. I think flying planes into a building was a faith-based initiative. I think religion is a neurological disorder. If you look at it logically, it‘s something that was drilled into your head when you were a small child. It certainly was drilled into mine at that age. And you really can't be responsible when you are a kid for what adults put into your head.

But when you become an adult,
you can then have it drilled out. And you should.




You REALLY need to read the ENTIRE transcript.


Well, I am a Christian, but it didn't happen to me as a child. In fact, I was 30 years old. I would NEVER want to back to my old life. NEVER!

I would love to respond further, but I just can't seem to think........
(Time for daily headstand chants and tin foil rituals)

I'll let Doug Hagin take the ball and run with it........

Bill Maher - Enlightened?


Are you a Christian? Muslim? Jew? Hindu? A person of any religious faith at all? Well if you are then many Americans seem to think you are a person with mental problems. Yes, you are a basket case according to some on the political left. You are, according to these folk's logic, a closed-minded, non-thinking, person with no belief in science or rationality. Gee, I wonder what they really think.............

2 Comments:

  • I have been very surprised and worried about the rampant unchecked philosophy of secular humanism that has taken over this society. Many people you can talk to that seem to share your views on the surface turn out to have no faith other than in man himself, and that is a dangerous and eternally destructive ideology. When you try and share you faith you are often ridiculed and thought as shallow-minded, yet the philosophy that they are practicing is faith in man and no less as narrow.

    By Blogger jlfintx, at 8:41 PM  

  • Christians are headed for a new age of persecution, guys like Maher are laying the groundwork. Once you are tagged as ignorant and dangerous it's a small next step to restricting your freedom and then putting you in a camp. Almost any big film of the last generation depicts religious christians as ignorant, dangerous and unbalanced individuals. That is the message getting drilled into people's heads today.
    Just remember that you are blessed for being persecuted in Jesus' name.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home