Straight Up with Sherri

Monday, February 28, 2005

Say Goodbye To Hollywood!

That just about does it for me with Hollywood. I am not upset with the fact that they have no clue. I am not done with them because I don't like their movies (although it gets harder and harder to find a movie I just might be interested in going to see). I'm not even fed up with them over their hypocrisy.

What has done it for me is the way they treat me. After last night, I just can't see what on earth I liked about them to begin with. A light bulb went off for me this morning. It was like being a kid and loving New Kids on the Block, and then once you get out on your own and reality of life sets in, you think "Oh, my gosh, how embarrassing. I use to like them!"

Rock quickly filled the political vacuum left when Michael Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11" and Mel Gibson's "The Passion of the Christ" were shut out of major award nominations. Rock ignored Hollywood's careful dance toward the political center by blasting President Bush on his job performance with an unexpected vehemence. Though Rock said it all with a smile, the sting of the jokes had even the most liberal faces in the crowd looking around for approval to clap.

Rock made a minor attempt at balancing his own jabs with a mention of Gibson's "Passion," noting how it "wasn't that funny."



These people live in a world that I just can't understand. These people don't understand me either. Hollywood is filled with ego maniacs of astronomical proportions. The worst part is that they are able to live this way because ME! My hard earned dollar is dumped into their pocket, and what do they do with it? They insult me. They use every opportunity possible to undermine everything I hold dear. They trash marriage with their constant bed-hopping. They bombard society with movies, music, and messages that defy every effort I make to instill morality into the lives of my children. Their constant attacks on our President is just ridiculous and shameful.

Hollywood can have their stupid award shows, they just won't find this house caring who they decide to hug and fawn on for their corruption of American society. It is laughable. I would rather watch the Math Awards at my local high school.

So, I am done. I have a rather nice collection of movies in my home that I very much enjoy. I have Fiddler on the Roof, The Sound of Music, Signs, Finding Nemo, Young Guns, A Knight's Tale, etc.... There is no reason to spend my money on the filth. Now, I may find myself venturing to the theaters for the planned release of The Passion's non rated R version, but it will be a rare occasion to find me giving a dime to Hollywood.



This is a great image that depicts MY THOUGHTS ON HOLLYWOOD!!!





Say Goodbye to Hollywood....
Posted by Hello

1 Comments:

  • Imagine if these amoral ghouls had been around during World War II.

    *shudder*

    By Blogger Tom, at 1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home