Straight Up with Sherri

Friday, February 25, 2005

SUWS EXCLUSIVE!

EXCLUSIVE!


According to several sources there seems to be a concerted effort to squelch any attempts by local and other citizens to file complaints and call for investigations into the case of Terri Schiavo. These sources are able to cite specific Florida Statutes that have been broken and have compiled many files documenting their allegations. Those departments and offices named in the allegations include the State Attorney’s Office, Department of Children and Families (DCF), and Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA).

According to a well-informed source, there are many instances of corruption and cover-up taking place on different levels in the case surrounding Terri Schiavo. One very explosive charge is that the State Attorney’s Office had at one point given a directive to the local police department to not take any complaints or do any investigations about Terri Schiavo, Michael Schiavo, George Felos, Debra Bushnell, Judge Greer, or Hospice of the Florida Suncoast, Inc.

Florida State Attorney Pinellas and Pasco Counties, Bernie McCabe was contacted yesterday afternoon in order to give his office an opportunity to respond to these allegations. McCabe initially responded to the allegations calling them “internet lies.” Once he was informed that the information was not simply read on the Internet but was received per an actual conversation with the source, he denied the allegations again quoting, “That did not happen. No such directive was given.”





Commentary:

PERSONAL note on the above story.

I am about to reveal an incident that occurred yesterday. I have no evidence or proof that this incident is in ANY way related to the above story, but in the interest of using public knowledge and notification as my best defense, I am disclosing the details of this incident here and now, publicly.

Approximately two hours after my conversation with Bernie McCabe, I received a phone call from a man that was intended to intimidate me by subtle, yet obvious means. A veiled threat was made to the well-being of not only myself, but also my children. I am in possession of voluminous documentation that could be very damaging to many people involved with the Terri Schiavo case.

I did not record the phone call I received, so I am giving my BEST recollection of the conversation. It is clear that the caller intended to intimidate me and issue a veiled threat.

I answered the phone with “Hello.”

He said “Is Sherri Reese there?”

Automatically I thought it was a sales call. I said “This is she.”

His voice changed, it went up in octave and now sounded eerily friendly. “So what part of Mississippi are you from?”

I said, “Who is this?”

He replied, “I think I know you from Mississippi.”

“Then what is your name?”

“Don’t you have a son named Kevin? He’s what? Fifteen, going to be 16 soon?”

“Yes.” He then proceeded to give the names and ages of my two young daughters. Now my voice got strong and stern. “WHO are you and WHAT do you want?”

“Like I said Sherri, I think I know you. I remember reading about you somewhere Sherri and I thought, ‘Hmmm, Sherri Reese…I think I know her.”

“Then what is your name?”

“Lawrence.”

“I don’t think you know me Lawrence.”

“Sherri, I am very good at remembering things, in fact I remember reading that you said what a BLESSING your son was. He is a BLESSING, you know. It’s good you know what a BLESSING he is, Sherri. You know, I have friend. She has a daughter who is 16, ya know, real close in age to your son Kevin. Her daughter just got off the bus one day and collapsed. So how is Kevin, Sherri? And Alex? And Jessica? How are YOU, Sherri?”

“What do you want Lawrence?”

“Oh, I just want to talk to you. I want to share a story with you about what GOD did for me in my life.” He then told me of a physical altercation he had with a man that ultimately he ended up serving 13 months for in the County Jail for assault.

At this point I got off the phone. I have filed an incident report with the local police, case # 0502180. I talked with the Police Chief and a detective this morning and was assured they were going to investigate. They absolutely take this incident seriously.

Again, I share this for the purpose of using public awareness and notification as a defense as advised to me. (In case the two incidents MAY be connected.) I have NO PROOF or EVIDENCE that they are at all related, but I am taking precautions.

THE TRUTH MUST GET OUT!

8 Comments:

  • That's right RWNJ. Remember one angel in a single night destroyed 185,000 soldiers fixing to invade Israel. That is bad to the bone-although an angel doesn't have a bone I guess!

    By Blogger jlfintx, at 2:30 PM  

  • If they are going to the trouble of making threats, you must be doing really well. The phone company should be able to tell you where that call was made from. They do not like to go to the trouble generally, so raise this issue with the police (who can subpeona your phone records).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:41 PM  

  • YOU HAVE BRASS ONES

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:17 PM  

  • Sherri, as someone who works in a DA office, I cannot urge you STRONG ENOUGH to start a papertrail. That means immediately getting a police report filed then follow up to see which detective will be assigned to it. Even if the call was out-of-state, the occurrence of the crime (in CA, it's PC(penal code)422 - terrorist threats) was where YOU are. And it doesn't matter if he wasn't "specific" in his threat ... that the tone and the "sharing" of specific information IMPLIES a threat, and if you take it as a threat, than he has committed a CRIME.

    This just burns me. Please let me know you've started a police investigation. (ps...check, too, your state's laws on taping phone conversations...you can pop down to Radio Shack and pick up a simple tape setup to catch the next nimrod that trys to pull such stuff).

    Darleen

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:23 PM  

  • Stay has been issued until 1 pm March 18; congrats Sherri. Each day is a gift.

    By Blogger jlfintx, at 3:29 PM  

  • Darleen

    Thanks so much for your advise!

    I have the name and # of the officer investigating. I do not want to give out any more details, but I am feeling much safer today than last night.

    I was going to release the story Yesterday- but when I got the call- I decided to pray on it-

    God has let me know that HE is with me, and to trudge on-- you wouldn't belive the amount of info I have...

    By Blogger Straight Up with Sherri, at 3:35 PM  

  • "If you're not pissing someone off, you're not doing it right."

    Keep on fighting, and be safe.

    By Blogger Tom, at 3:41 PM  

  • Alnot

    I am very touched that you would share about our son.....

    I will surely pray for him and your family.


    Thank you so much for coming by and sharing your thoughts!

    By Blogger Straight Up with Sherri, at 11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home