Straight Up with Sherri

Sunday, February 06, 2005

SUPPORT THE CHILD OF A FALLEN SOLDIER.........You Can be a Hero Too........


A TRUE AMERICAN HERO.......
Posted by Hello



LtCol Oliver L. North, (USMC) Ret., is the founder of Freedom Alliance. I encourage ALL of you to visit their site and learn more about this group and their efforts in supporting out troops and their families. Here's a little information about Freedom Alliance.

The Mission of Freedom Alliance is to advance the Americanheritage of freedom by honoring and encouraging military service, defending the sovereignty of the United States and promoting a strong national defense.

Freedom Alliance, a 501(c)3 educational and charitable foundation, was founded in 1990 by LtCol Oliver L. North, who now serves as the organization's honorary chairman. We will work to "keep America strong, keep America prosperous, and keep America free," said North upon the founding of Freedom Alliance.

I also urge you to get yourself a great poster for today's SuperBowl which will also let you support the Freedom Alliance Scholarship Fund.


The Freedom Alliance Scholarship Fund honors the bravery and dedication exhibited by Americans in our armed forces who have sacrificed life and limb by providing educational scholarships to their children.



If you would like to do more to support our heroic soldiers and their families other than just buying a poster, you can certainly make an online contributoin by clicking HERE.

As we are enjoying the GAME, remember those giving their lives to ensure our freedoms in this great nation and keeping us safe so that we MAY ENJOY THE GAME! We OWE them our deepest appreciation.




HERO
Posted by Hello


God Bless Our Troops
Posted by Hello









10 Comments:

  • I salute our men and women in harm's way and will certainly being thanking of this site and them as the National Anthem is played today. They should be appreciated and supported much more than they are. They protect us from enemies, foreign and domestic-many times when we never even know it.

    God bless our military.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:20 PM  

  • *sniff* I wish I could give each one of them a "mom" hug and tell them how thankful all Americans are for their service. I'm sure I'll weep when the National Anthem is played before the game.

    ---Lady Redhawk

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:31 PM  

  • There are really no words to say how grateful I am to our service people around the world. Every generation has its heroes and I know the soldiers of WWII are considered the "greatest generation" but, I think "greatest" is a relative term. Sixty years ago these fine individuals rose to the challenge and made the world a better place because of their actions. They truly earned the distinction of the "greatest generation". All these years later, it is sometimes easy to forget the price previous generations paid for our freedom. I think at some point we might all be guilty of taking our freedoms from granted. To ALL of our military personnel, I would like to thank you for reminding all of us just how much freedom costs and for so willing stepping up to foot the bill. You are making this world better for the generations that will follow. I believe you will be known as the "greatest generation" when we celebrate the sixtieth anniversary of the victory you all have worked so hard to earn in this war on terror.

    D00767385

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:07 AM  

  • I made a one-time gift at the Freedom Alliance website as well as a coninuing monthly gift. I hope our words will be followed by action. Less than the price of a daily newspaper can make a difference; and with the internet, I don't get the newspaper anymore anyway!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:31 AM  

  • I pay all my repects to the soiders who are serving our country! I widh the best and I will pray everyday that they will come home very soon. I will never forget what they have doen for our counrty for the years that past. We should all take our hats off salute to the american soilders.

    Latresha HUNM410

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:40 PM  

  • I could not think of a better way to honor our fighting men and women. It is just a little donation for those that gave us so much. Being a former soldier I am always looking for ways to help my fellow comrads. This is a great way to do so.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:49 PM  

  • I could not think of a better way to honor our fighting men and women. It is just a little donation for those that gave us so much. Being a former soldier I am always looking for ways to help my fellow comrads. This is a great way to do so.

    D00595130 Andrew Zephir

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:49 PM  

  • I can think of nothing more inspiring and humbling than what you are doing. With the millions of blogs and topics, this one is tops to me.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:39 PM  

  • I support our troops 100 percent. I also feel sorry for the families who have lost their love ones during the war. I served my term in the military, but lucky for me, I did not have to fight a war. The soldiers that are at war knew what they where getting into when they signed up to join the military. Most of them thought that at the time they enlisted in the military that they would never see war. That was a risk they took when they enlisted into the military. There was no red tape. Everything was clear and up front. Again I say I feel for the families who have lost love ones in the war, but at the same time the soldiers who were killed in the line of duty died for a purpose. That purpose was freedom.

    tsin D0068

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:36 PM  

  • I appreciate everything that the brave men and women of America are doing to protect us. I think this is a great organization and it will help many students with money for school.

    LM6249

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home