Straight Up with Sherri

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Rep. Nancy Johnson- "That's Not Life..."


one of the few harsh reactions came from Rep. Nancy Johnson (R-CT) who "looked right at [Schiavo's brother] and said 'that's not life...how long has she been in that coma and how much is it costing us?'"

PRO-LIFE SUPPORTERS, TERRI'S BROTHER HOPEFUL ABOUT NEW LEGISLATION AIMED AT SAVING SCHIAVO



WASHINGTON DC, USA, March 9 (CNA) - Yesterday, U.S. Representative Dave Weldon (R-FL), and Senator Mel Martinez (R-FL) introduced a piece of legislation which many hope could save brain-damaged Terri Schiavo's life......

Kehoe said that it was very powerful for the representatives to meet Schiavo's parents and "to have to look into their eyes and see that this is a human being, not just another test case."

She noted that one of the few harsh reactions came from Rep. Nancy Johnson (R-CT) who "looked right at [Schiavo's brother] and said 'that's not life...how long has she been in that coma and how much is it costing us?'"

In response to Representative Johnson's comments to him yesterday, Schindler noted that, "she had already made up her mind and didn't want to listen to me."



I have tried very hard to bring you facts. I have certainly done my best to portray the glooming evil surrounding Terri's case, but I have refrained from my usual rants. I have approached this story unlike any other story I have ever covered. My resistance to go ranting is due to the fact that I have seen the major hurdle as INFORMING people. There is no NEED for a rant. The FACTS tell the story all on their own.

Well, now- THE GLOVES ARE OFF!

I have HAD IT! How do these people get into office. I hear Bobby Schindler say, "she had already made up her mind and didn't want to listen to me," and I have to tell you; it reminds me of a certain JUDGE I KNOW!

How ridiculous! How is that someone in a decision making position can be so arrogant as to ASSUME they already know the facts. Have they lost the ability to ASK questions- I mean other than "how long has she been in that coma and how much is it costing us?" The facts are out there if anyone bothers to ask and look. The mindless acceptance of a news culture that embraces the standard of "false but accurate" is insulting and DANGEROUS!

Give me 5 minutes with this mindless political prostitute. It sickens me that we pay her freaking salary. WHY? Because morons vote. YES-- I SAID IT! MORONS VOTE!

MORONS VOTE, MORONS REPEAT LIES, MORONS RUN MEDIA CONGLOMERATES, and MORONS LISTEN TO THESE MORONS!

I KNOW-- I KNOW! HOW UN PC OF ME!

Well, I would rather be UN PC than a MORON!

It reminds me of a something a friend told me once. She asked her sister if she were a Christian, why didn't she go to church. Her sister replied, "I don't want to sit in the pews next to a bunch of hypocrites." My friend just chuckled and said, "Heck girl, you're surrounded by hypocrites everywhere! Besides, I'd rather sit next to them in church than sit next to them in hell."


UPDATE: Linda @ chastity reVisited had a great idea! Why not write dear Nancy and CLUE HER IN!? Be sure to stop in see what Linda had to tell Ms Johnson.



3 Comments:

  • Sherri,

    Express your outrage!

    Nancy Johnson is my Rep! As soon as I read this, I fired off an email to her. I encourage you to do the same.

    Visit chastity reVisited for Johnson's email info.

    By Blogger Linda, at 9:42 PM  

  • Can someone supply Nancy Johnson's e-mail address? Thanks.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:45 PM  

  • You're right about voting morons. Heinlein pointed out that democracies fail when the masses discover that they can vote themselves bread & circuses- via moronic politicians, of course. Keep fighting the good fight.

    By Blogger Author "B", at 3:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home