Straight Up with Sherri

Monday, April 25, 2005

Baby Born ALIVE in Abortion Clinic: Mother's Pleas for Help Ignored!

Hat tip: KC


Abortion staff ignoresbaby boy born alive?
Woman pleads for help with 'Rowan' after delivering son in clinic restroom


A woman who was scheduled to have her 22-week-along pregnancy ended at a Florida abortion clinic instead delivered the baby alive in a restroom and says her pleading for help from medical staff went unheeded, even when an employee saw that the tiny boy was moving.

The mother, Angele, who asked that her last name not be used, is now considering legal action against the facility. She is being represented by
Liberty Counsel, a nonprofit pro-life and religious-liberty legal organization.

The woman chose the EPOC Clinic of the
Orlando Women's Center in Orlando, Fla., because employees there had convinced her that her unborn baby would feel no pain during the procedure and because the "staff seemed caring," Angele told WND.


WorldNetDaily obtained a narrative Angele wrote that describes the two days, April 1 and 2, she went to the clinic after traveling to Florida from her home state.

"I counseled with a pretty and petite younger black woman who has a small son," Angele wrote of her first visit. "Her name began with an L. I do not remember her full name. She explained the process of laminaria insertion. I asked her other questions such as, will they inject saline or urea into the amniotic sac? I was concerned that it would hurt the baby as it generally (from what I've read) burns the skin and lungs. I expressed my concerns that he not suffer or feel anything."

{snip}

Wrote Angele: "My contractions became stronger and more frequent very rapidly. I called for [staff member] Violene, thinking it was time to be moved into another room and wanting to know if I could have anything for pain. She said that medication would stop the contractions and for me to stay right there and again, she would be back. I told her it was almost time; I could just tell, and she told me I was not at all ready. She left. I began to bleed."

After going to the bathroom, Angele says, "I came back to the sofa, (they both really smelled awful), wrapped up in the wet and sour-smelling blanket, then decided it was better without it. I rocked back and forth on my hands and knees, trying to hold the heating pad to my stomach to both relieve the pain and try to stay warm. I was looking down and saw little smears and spots of dried blood on the floor and an old cotton ball with blood on it by the fabric-covered sofa across from me. Noticing how dirty it was and how no one was in the room or even nearby in the hallway began to make me nervous and uncomfortable. I went right back to the powder room and began to try to push a lot. I thought it might help since I was told I was not nearly ready to deliver."

Crying out in pain, Angele says she could feel a contraction coming: "In one agonizing push, I felt and heard something come out. Then immediately another push. I was weak. I just held my head in my hands for a moment. Then I decided to stand up. I looked. There was my baby, the whitish cord and what I thought surely must be the placenta.

"I started sobbing and lay down in the floor. I stared and stared at my son. I was horrified that I had just had him in a commode."



Rowan..... Posted by Hello

Born alive

Angele explained what happened next to her and her boy, whom she named Rowan:


His right leg moved. He curled up a bit like he was cold; I screamed for Violene! No one came. I managed to get to the doorway, pants down, blood everywhere and yelled again. I went back to my baby. I heard her say she'd be right there.

I showed her Rowan, told her he was alive and moving and to call 911! She took a quick look, said he's not moving now and she'd be back to take care of things while walking out. I called her again. I was touching Rowan softly and he moved again. I called her back. Rowan jumped, I think startled by the loud sound of my calling for help. I showed her that he was moving and alive. I begged her to hurry and call 911, now!

She said for me to lie down and she would get her supervisor. No one came.

I continued to ty to caress and comfort my son by rubbing his back, tummy and chest. I stroked his precious little head and kept telling him I loved him and we would be OK. I was afraid to move him because I did not want to do anything that might end up hurting him. I pushed my pinky into his little hand and his fingers curled around me. Still no one was coming. I was terrified but trying not to let him know I was scared. I kept telling him what a beautiful son he was and that we were going to be safe soon.




If you can take it, read it all.......

Heartbreaking......

4 Comments:

  • - The army of the right-to-kill Ghouls marches on. This sort of thing is exactly not what the electorate had in mind with the advent of Roe vs. Wade, and was also precisely the fears put forward by the right-to-life opposition, which was always yelled down with words of "scare tactics" and "interference with personal rights". So now we are close to "drive-thru" abortion on demand, and exactly the slippery slope that many feared in the first place. Where does it end.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:24 AM  

  • Father God,

    Hold this precious little man in your everlasting
    arms. May his mother somehow recover from her
    terrible choice!!

    Convict the hearts of the heartless who do this
    horrific "work" for $$$$!!!!

    By Blogger Leslie, at 9:40 PM  

  • When I read this story I became very saddened by the thought of such event occuring, and the lack of help for this woman. However, I must say that everything happens for a reason. At times we look at life trying to make those decisions that are based upon our own needs and wants. However, at times I believe what we think that seems to be the right choice is not neccesarily the right choice at all. I truly believe that GOD steps in to make that decision for us no matter how painful the situation may be.

    It is very unfortunate that this event took place, but remember the precious life that was came into the world to serve a devine purpose. I pray and wish the best for both mother and child. Remember those things that happen for a reason. If confused and or unsure ask God for clarity. Pray for those that caused any harm emotionally and physically. Wishing the best and may God Bless!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:21 PM  

  • cm2056 This has to be one of the most horrifying stories I've ever heard! The actions, or shall I say, lack of actions of the staff were very unprofessional, insensitive, and extremely heartless. Although Angela choose this method, she certainly did not deserve this unforgettable experience. My heart goes out to her and I pray that she can recover from this. To have an abortion by far has to be one of the toughest decisons that a woman has to make. I hope that Angela recovers, and that her story will prevent someone else from experiencing this terrible tragedy.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home