Straight Up with Sherri

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

And They Claim PRO-LIFERS are Zealots?

Animal Rights Activists Step Up Attacks in N.Y.
Families of Drug Executives Are Harassed

LAUREL HOLLOW, N.Y. -- Early one recent morning, the wife of a pharmaceutical executive was followed to her workplace, her car was broken into and her credit cards were stolen; later $20,000 in unauthorized charitable donations were billed on the cards.

It was the latest in a series of attacks by the Animal Liberation Front on the Long Island family. The activists, who have asserted responsibility, once scrawled "Puppy Killer" in red paint on the executive's house and have posted the couple's phone, license plate and bank account numbers on the Internet, along with this threat: "If we find a dime of that money granted to those charities was taken back, we will strip you bare."



You HAVE to Read all of this story. Why does Law Enforcement NOT HAVE A MICROSCOPE UP THE (NOSES) OF THESE PEOPLE?

4 Comments:

  • Talk about irony! Here, we have a group of animal lovers that sincerely dislike the treatment of their furry friends, yet they use violent tactics themselves. Being an animal lover myself, I can understand their point of view, however, stealing credit cards and vandolism is simply inappropriate behavior.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:52 AM  

  • While Gov't cries "TERRORISM" and works to be sure that law abiding citzens lose more rights, the REAL terrorists are right in their own back yards. I LOVE animals, but I despise this type of terroristic activity, for both labs who use animals and yes even baby killers. MOMMA always said 2 wrongs, don't make it right. This is what JESUS meant whaen he said "Turn the other cheek." When will these people be stopped? Even PETA seems to have gone off the deep end of the pool!

    By Blogger KC, at 12:20 PM  

  • MH7086

    This is a fine line for me. I am a HUGE animal rights person but I also live in reality. I was raised on a farm and saw slaughter of animals for food. I also saw my dad kill baby pigs for being the runt of the litter. I work for a medical device company who has third party labs do animal testing-as humanly as possible. Alot of our medical abilities and drugs are because of animal testing. I guess it has become a necessary evil. I hate that it may be necessary to cure illness and disease. I will tell you what is not necessary-putting cleaners and beauty products in the eyes or on the brains of animals like cats, dogs, rabbits, etc. This day and age do we really need to test stuff out like this? I think companies are aware that bleach is not good for the eyes. Hell, the common person knows that! And don't get me wrong I love makeup, but do I really need to know what happens when put onto the brain of an animal?! NOT REALLY!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:46 AM  

  • I'm an animal lover too, but two wrongs don't make a right. It's a sin to kill, but it's also a sin to steal.

    tj1625

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home