Straight Up with Sherri

Monday, May 09, 2005

One Reason I LOVE Men and HATE Feminisists!

I found this editorial and just had to share it! It is a PERFECT example of why I LOVE men and HATE Feminists. I know, I know, I am Christian and I am not allowed to HATE. Well, I don't HATE the actual women......just the issues they cling to, the way they do it, their utter hatred of men, and their classless behavior.

The article starts out a little slow, but it stay with it, it's worth it. You can just click the link and read it at TownHall.com, but I added some links for your reading pleasure!


My application for WRC Director

Mike S. Adams

Dear Dr. Berkeley:

I am writing to apply for the position of Director of the
WRC (Women's Resource Center) at UNC Wilmington. I noticed the position advertisement states that minimum requirements include "tenure in an academic department at UNCW at the associate professor rank, experience in leadership development, and a demonstrated commitment to diversity and equity." I believe that I am fully qualified for this position.

In addition to advising Kappa Sigma, Theta Chi, the Civil Disobedience Dissemination Organization, the UNCW Pro-Life Club, the Criminal Justice Club, and the College Republicans, I have received a number of awards, each indicating the strength of my commitment to leadership development at this university. This year, I received the Golden Seahawk Award from the Pandion Society. This award was given to only one person on campus at the annual leadership banquet. It hangs on my wall next to two awards for Faculty Member of the Year (1998 and 2000).

My commitment to diversity has been demonstrated in hundreds of television and radio appearances discussing campus diversity over the course of the last three years. I have given speeches on the topic of diversity at campuses all around the nation. Some of those speeches, including my address to the Yale Law School, have been broadcast on national television.

The best way to assess the strength of my commitment to diversity is to perform a "Google" search using the terms
"Mike Adams" and "diversity." If you perform a similar search for all candidates applying for this position a clear winner will emerge. That winner will be me.

While I do not have "teaching experience in Women's Studies courses" I believe that I have "a proven track record in collaborating with community agencies that work on behalf of women...". For example, I organized the "Run Against Rape" in April of 1995. This event raised money for the Rape Crisis Center with a five kilometer run. A U.S. Congressman fired the starting gun for the event, which was covered by the local media. This fundraiser did not require teenage girls to march across a stage chanting "vagina." Nor were vagina lollipops sold to spectators or participants. In short, I raised money to promote the dignity of women without asking them to act like women of ill-repute.

Your position advertisement states that "...Additionally, the position requires organizational, administrative, networking, and positive interpersonal relation skills and an ability to communicate effectively in oral and written formats. Responsibilities include overseeing the daily operation and budget of the WRC; supervising staff (both a half-time administrative assistant and half-time graduate student); coordinating the Women's Studies minor program, collaborating with existing women's programs...developing educational and outreach programs for women; facilitating research and assessment issues of concern to student, staff and faculty women; and working with the WRC's advisory board."

In order to address these more specific requirements, I intend to list some specific things I will do if I become WRC Director. That short list
follows:

1. I will immediately ask you, Dr. Berkeley, to sever your ties with the Women's Resource Center. This decision is based upon your consistent pattern of viewpoint discrimination as a leader of the WRC-most recently as the interim director.

For example, since December, the UNCW Pro Life group has been trying to get a link to their website through the WRC website. After weeks of ignoring them, you promised them a hearing in March. You then moved the hearing to April. You then cancelled the hearing. Thinking of silly excuses to ensure that only your views are represented on the WRC website is something you have done with impunity for years. My description of your history of similar discrimination is chronicled in a chapter in my book, "Welcome to the Ivory Tower of Babel." If you would like, I can provide you with a copy for inspection.

As it stands, the pro-life movement is only mentioned once on your website in a caption below a picture of a man holding a sign saying "Bow to the God of the Bible." Your caption reads: "This pretty much sums up the motivations of the anti-choice movement." In other words, the WRC is saying that pro-lifers are all simple-minded religious bigots. That is as unacceptable as saying "all Jews are penny pinchers" or "all Negroes are spear chuckers." Your stereotypical thinking and willingness to discriminate based on those stereotypes will have no place at a Mike Adams-led WRC.

2. I will immediately ask Elizabeth Ervin, former head of the WRC, to sever all ties with the Center. When Ervin was director, she told the local Crisis Pregnancy Center (Life Line) that they could not be linked to the WRC webpage. Shortly thereafter, she went onto a feminist list serve based at Dartmouth and admitted that she denied the group access to the WRC site because they were "explicitly Christian." The emails sent back and forth between the feminists had a privacy statement attached to them, saying that those of us who received the emails in error must delete them without reading their contents.

I read the emails anyway. But it is now a moot point since one of the feminists accidentally posted the emails on the internet for all to see.
Again, Dr. Berkeley, you can use "Google" to access the whole exchange.
After you do, I'm sure you will agree that anti-Christian bigotry has no place at the WRC.

3. I am going to actually hold a debate between pro-lifers and pro-choicers at UNCW. This idea of having a debate is decidedly against the university diversity policy. I am going to do it anyway.

4. I am going to allow the two pro-life students who recently asked to serve on the WRC Advisory Board to do so. You did not allow them to serve because you are, in my opinion, opposed to diversity. I am committed to reversing your decision immediately upon taking office. Pro-choicers and pro-lifers will work together on the WRC Board from now on.

5. I am not going to post the f-word or the p-word all over campus on Vagina Day. In fact, I am going to cancel the Vagina Monologues next year and replace it with the second installment of the Run Against Rape.

Since the run will also help fight heart disease, I plan to call it Angina Day, or A-Day.

6. I also plan to offer firearms training at the WRC. I will supply the guns and ammo, thereby saving the taxpayers of North Carolina thousands of dollars.

7. Since my term is for four-years, I will cut the budget of the WRC by 25% per year. This will help students fight the rising cost of tuition by eliminating the WRC at the end of my term.

When you consider that a) women are 70% of the student population at this university, and b) they make better grades than men, we don't really need a "comfort zone" to help them escape from masculine oppression. And, come to think of it, I won't really need this job in four years. By then, I plan to replace radio talk show host Neal Boortz (
www.Boortz.com) or maybe even start a Men's Resource Center.

Whatever happens, I know that my possibilities are endless. As the feminists say, it's still a man's world. Regardless, I look forward to meeting you in an interview soon.

Mike S. Adams (
www.DrAdams.org) sent the above application to Dr. Berkeley on May 7th, two days before the application deadline. He hopes to get an answer before he speaks at Kalamazoo College in Kalamazoo, MI, on May 25th. If he is rejected, he plans to throw pies at any liberals attending the speech.


I still haven't found the little email exchange between Miss Elizabeth and her diversity loving friends, but I smile inside knowing many others have!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home