Straight Up with Sherri

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Teacher Gives Boy Candy for LICKING HER TOES!

Mom Upset Over Toe-licking Incident

A Carroll County mother is accusing one of the teachers at her son's elementary school of having inappropriate physical contact with her son, having him lick the teacher's toes in exchange for candy.

The mother says she discovered what happened on Friday, when she saw a note, bearing the teacher's name in the signature, written in her 10-year-old son’s school yearbook.

“I saw a note from a teacher, saying, ‘Good luck next year. Don't lick anyone else's toes. You're silly. Love, Mrs. Kilpatrick,’” said Denise Strozier, the student’s mother. “So, I'm, like, okay. What is this about licking somebody's toes?”

She says her son, a student at Temple Elementary School, then described inappropriate physical contact this past February with teacher Jody Kilpatrick in front of a dozen other children.

“He said that [the teacher] says, ‘Well, everybody else has candy. And if you lick my toes, you can have some candy,’ And I said, ‘Are you sure that's what you [heard?]’” Strozier said. “He said, ‘Yes, ma'am, all my friends were there and I licked her toes, and I got candy.’”

Strozier says one of her son's friends also wrote in his yearbook a note similar to what she says the teacher wrote.

Strozier called the principal to complain, and she said the initial response from the school was simply to offer Strozier and her son a replacement yearbook, but only if she returned the one with the teacher's writing in it.

Strozier said the teacher apologized to her over the phone, but the mother wants the teacher fired.

“If she'll let my son lick her toes, who's to say she won't do something worse? So, if she doesn't have better judgment, she doesn't need to be there,” she said.

A spokesman for the superintendent and the school board said they had only recently become aware of the incident and were investigating.

Late Tuesday afternoon, the Carroll County sheriff's office confirmed that it has just launched an investigation of the mother's complaint as well.


WHERE DO I START?!? First of all, I LOVE how the writer of this story makes it clear that the teacher is "accused" of inappropriate physical contact. OY! Second, the "initial" response from the school is to REPLACE THE YEAR BOOK?!?! So, the concern here being that the YEARBOOK has been devalued? NO! I think the principal wanted to get possession of the EVIDENCE!

The MOST INFURIATING part of this story is that in order to get action taken against teachers and/or administrators, parents need to go to LAW ENFORCEMENT!?!?!?! FOR PETE'S SAKE!

17 Comments:

  • Every time one thinks it can't get any stranger,
    it does!

    I'm afraid this country has totally lost her moorings.

    Any Christian parent with children in government schools needs a psychiatrist as much as this
    "teacher" does.

    By Blogger Leslie, at 4:28 PM  

  • I agree with you, Sherri. This story is infuriating. Toes are not clean. Isn't licking toes a sexual thing? This teacher should be fired for that incident because it is not only unhealthy, but she did it in front of the other students. How irresponsible! And it is pathetic that the school's only remedy was to ask for the book in exchange for a band aid solution.

    tj1625

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:56 PM  

  • I can't begin to imagine what was going on in that teacher's head to suggest and allow a 10 year old to lick her toes. I can't wait to hear what asinine excuse she comes up with to justify this act.


    Anonymous 5775 EK

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:42 AM  

  • CT 1824
    So let me get this right...A child will get in trouble for privately reading his Bible on his recess time...But a teacher that has a student lick her toes for candy is somehow still teaching. This is a absurd!! Licking someone's toes is a sexual act...Licking someone's toes for candy is an act of prostitution (I know I'm reaching...but you get the point). This teacher manipulated a minor, into a sexual act...It should not even be up for discussion...at the very least she should be fired.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:11 AM  

  • Welcome to the absurd cesspool called public education! Where the strange and overtly sexual (Like saran wrap for sex) are normal and the decent and righteous things like MORALS and BIBLES are Called EVIL!

    By Blogger KC, at 11:29 AM  

  • I 100% agree that it was not a wise thing to do. BUT unless you know this women on a personal level DON"T sit there and try and make it sexual. You are just looking for crap now. You have no idea what was in her head .

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:40 PM  

  • now thats a bigggg women

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:50 PM  

  • I agree with anon, if it had been sexual in nature in her mind she would not have written about it in the book, or done it in front of the class. None of us were there so we just don't know. It my have been as simple as "what would you do for some candy". That is what is wrong with this world you have pegged her as a sex offender without ANY knowledge of what was going on at the time.You should all pray forgivness to God for trying to JUDGE this women. That is His job NOT yours!!!!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:33 PM  

  • TB9131
    I just don't believe this story. I think maybe the teache was joking with the student possibly. I don't think that this took place and as the article states it's alledgedly. I doubt very seriously that a teacher would have a child lick her toes infront of an entire class. It doesn't make sense and I think the story is a hoax.
    TB9131

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:00 PM  

  • CT 1824

    And if the story is a hoax the joke is on us. But if it is not, but the act of licking somebody's toes is sexual...would you lick a person's toes that you found unattractive, or didn't have some kind of interest in. And if it wasn't a sexual act for this teacher, then it is at the very least a highly inappropriate behavior for a teacher to engage in with a student.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:49 PM  

  • as far as is it sexual i see you point. For some it is but if it did happen i think it was just a harmless dare. I have kissed a person of the same sex (no tounge just kiss on the lips as a dare for a beer. it was harmless fun and many wouold say kissing is sexual but it was just in fun. this is what i think may have happened if it is true, just a harmless thing. P.S. I do think even as a funny joke it was in poor taste of the teacher because of how people over react. it is sad that you have to be so careful because people over react so much.
    P. S. S. who do we never hear the good stories about Government and schools and so on? it is so negative all the time.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:27 AM  

  • CT 1824

    Anonymous
    I would like to start hearing some good things about the school systems...but unfortunately that just doesn't make "good" news. As far as the overreacting. I do not believe people are overreacting to this. If it was two students engaged in the act. Fine, let the parents settle it. But it is not two students. It was a student and the students superior. If your boss came to you and said I'll give you a raise if you lick my toes, you would be outraged and you would have every right to be so. The problem I have with this is that it is inappropriate behavior for a teacher. I don't care if it was a joke or not. Teachers should have better judgement.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:56 PM  

  • What makes you so hateful you really think she meant it sexually then wrote it in the yearbook? thats like a male teach saying hi beth dont suck anyone elses penis. YOU were not there YOU dont know the story NONE of us do. But you can sit there and JUDGE a person!! who made YOU GOD? Get off that high horse of yours and shush!!
    THere are so so so so many things that happen every day in schools that are good and help children out. These people should make 100,000s dollars a year but they do it for squat. And you sit there and put them all down because one person made a bad call. YOU make me sick!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:35 PM  

  • CT 1824
    You being so naive makes me sick. It only takes one person to harm another. And if you would actually READ my posting, I'm not coming down on all teachers. Just the teachers that engage in inappropriate behavior with their students. I don't care if the teacher was just kidding or not...IT IS INAPPROPRIATE. I also do not care why she thought it ok to write in his yearbook. It seems like bad judgement got the best of her again.

    PS. I'm not judging her...I'm judging her actions, and giving my opinion on the information given in the posting. That is kind of what this website is all about. So if you don't want to hear others opinions on subjects YOU might be on the wrong site.

    PSS. It doesn't seem like I'm the hateful one. I'm just giving my opinion on the subject...YOU got personal first.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:35 PM  

  • MH7086

    What is wrong with people these days?! How gross! If this behavior is going on imagine what else probably happens. I wouldn't waste time going to the principal first, I would ask for a parent/teacher conference with the principal as a witness and not let them know what I was really going to discuss. This way I can see everyone's expression when I bring it up along with the yearbook proof. Then I would demand action.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:17 PM  

  • I would have loved to be in that kids place! Yummy!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:53 PM  

  • Sherri,how would you like your toes licked?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home