Straight Up with Sherri

Monday, July 25, 2005

I'M BAAAAACK, Again!

First off, thanks to RWNJ for alerting you all to my computer issues. I am back online!

So much catching up to do!

The TERROR bombings in London are TRAGIC and HORRIFIC. There is a bit of banter about the "innocent" man shot in the subway. I regret a man was killed and my sympathy goes out to his family. I can't imagine the shock and anger they must feel. As a woman with children, and an American that understands what the TERRORISTS seek to do to us, I have to say, "Oh well, what do we expect?" What on earth was he thinking? He was wearing a HEAVY jacket in 70 degree weather in July- the day after another attempted bombing on the subway system. He JUMPED the gates at the entrance, and then RAN when told to freeze. Not to mention that when he RAN, he RAN into a train crowded with people. Times have changed folks. The suicide bombers have changed the atmosphere. Their weapon is their own body (strapped with bombs, hidden by heavy jackets). Their mission is to kill themselves and take as many innocents with them as possible. If were to find myself with guns aimed at me, I would have dropped to my knees, after thoroughly wetting and soiling myself, with my hands in the air screaming "Please don't shoot me!" In ANY situation with law enforcement pointing guns at me, I would do this. We have seen the same type of thing happen here in America with people carrying fake guns.

As horrified as passengers were to see this man shot down in front of their eyes, it sure beats having your body blasted into pieces plastered onto the insides of the train. We ALL need to wake up and realize that the world TRULY HAS changed. It is a change most of us would NEVER have wanted, but it is here weather we like it or not. I pray no more innocent life is taken. Not by the terrorists, OR by law enforcement.

The troops are doing their part to protect us. We need to do ours. We need to support those with the charge to protect us. In this particular case, I feel the officers shooting this man made the right decision. This man made not ONE mistake, but several. None of them make him DESERVING of death, yet all of them put together lead him there. This new world we live in was brought to us courtesy of TERRORISTS, and this is where the BLAME TRULY LIES.

5 Comments:

  • Glad your back!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:05 AM  

  • RWNJ

    Thanks for correcting me- I went back and re-read- it was LEVI who forwarded the message on my computer issues.

    Sherriland? LOL!

    Levi

    I cannot tell you how much I appreciate YOU. Not just what you do, but who you are as a man, as a person. YOU bless me! Thank you!

    Tim- so nice to hear from you.

    I AM SO VERY BLESSED!

    By Blogger Straight Up with Sherri, at 3:27 PM  

  • Sherri, it's so great to have you back! :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:56 PM  

  • I agree, I feel that the man mad a bad decision given the present situations. If he knew he was innocent, he should have no reason to run from the law. I believe that he may really have been hiding something. He was acting suspiciously the entire time

    DLM1930

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:36 PM  

  • Yes, this particular situation is very tragic, but you have to imagine how mentally unstable this man had to be after seeing such a horrific display. I think the soldiers who shot this man should have given more thought to what had happened and what was going through this mans head. D.R. 6868

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home