Straight Up with Sherri

Saturday, February 19, 2005

Am I Just Naive?

Forgive me for sounding off for a moment.

I am curious...

How many of you have actually emailed any of the links I have provided to save Terri?

Have I underestimated the blogesphere?

Is it only hatred of the MSM that drives the blogs?

Do we not have ANY other interests than bashing political parties and finding the pathetic attempts of the MSM to spoonfeed propaganda?

Are the bloggers and those that surf the blogs THAT disinterested in TRULY accomplishing anything OTHER than the TEARING DOWN of political parties and the MSM?

Bloggers and those that support the bloggers have a FANTASTIC chance here to PROVE that we are not what the MSM paints us to be.......


a bunch of irrelevant losers in jammies that have no life.


I have been on many blogs and forums where Terri's case is being discussed and debated, even on SPORTS blogs- imagine, a bunch of sports fans discussing the Terri Shiavo issue.....

But are the same people debating in support of Terri being saved actually ACTING?

Are they emailing the media and lawmakers?

CNN has already covered the fact that bloggers are exploding for the cause, but there is no mention of it being effective in the fight for Terri's life.

Are you taking a few moments to actually DO anything other than read, surf, debate, and post comments?

I have no idea...

Tell me.........

6 Comments:

  • umm...not too sure about the tread but I found another dead baby at this link:

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6998205/?GT1=6190

    I think we invaded the wrong country

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:52 PM  

  • Calling is most effective. There are officials who delete their e-mails. A combination of voice calls, faxes of pertinent articles or information, etc. and e-maills is most effective. People are calling and getting stuff to the reps, etc. every bit of help in this regards helps. Also letting others know to join the blogburst, etc.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:53 PM  

  • (no, I don't use RWNJ when writing to politicians!) (GASP!)

    You don't? I am sooooo disappointed! They would CERTAINLY remember your name.....

    LOL!!

    Thanks ya'll for responding....

    I was beginning to feel like I was hte only one that showed up for the fight.....

    I really needed to hear from ya'll on this one....

    I am doing all I can, but even the great Straight Up needs a little encouragement from time to time!

    Thanks!

    By Blogger Straight Up with Sherri, at 7:08 PM  

  • I, too, thought the fetuses-in-a-bottle story was interesting. You don't hear about that every day!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:20 PM  

  • I didn't contact anyone because my perception is that there's nothing that can be done by anyone that cares. My understanding is that the state of Florida wrote a law specificly to save Terri's life, and the Supreme Court struck it down. Short of hiring a hit man to take out Terri's husband (not something I'm in favor of), is there really anything that has a chance of working?

    I got a fundraising e-mail via Alan Keyes from Terri's father asking for money for a legal funds. But the appeal doesn't contain any details of what can be done. That frustrates me, because I would be willing to donate money if there was really a chance. But there are some things that even money can't buy.

    If anyone wants to donate, they can at:

    https://secure.cartlight.com/merchant/terri/?afid=keyes

    By Blogger Mike - hotfudgesunday.blogspot.com, at 8:29 PM  

  • Mike

    THERE ARE THINGS THAT CAN BE DONE!!

    AND BEING DONE!

    please don't take the defeatist attitude on THIS

    even if they succeed in starving Terri- wouldn't you love to know that YOU fought the fight?

    YOU emailed the media sources, etc.

    Forget about giving the money-- take 15 minutes and email...

    Id EVERYONE who cared about this took those 15 minutes-- trust you me-- something WILL be done.....

    Please

    try it!....

    I have the links provided...

    Terri's family has been able to get some things together to file-- especially in light of the Sarah case (down further on the main page here)

    Don't give up..

    SHE NEEDS YOU!!!

    By Blogger Straight Up with Sherri, at 8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home