Straight Up with Sherri

Monday, February 07, 2005

God Bless Our Troops

I hope you enjoy the video. I have listed the lyrics below. Make sure you take a minute and read the post below from yesterday. I am excited to get talking about the news of the day, but I want to pay a special tribute to our soldiers. Enjoy the next two posts, and check back in later today. Straight Up with Sherri will be making some specail announcements.

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!






AMERICAN SOLDIER
by Toby Keith


I'm just trying to be a father
Raise a daughter and a son
Be a lover to their mother
Everything to everyone
Up and at 'em, bright and early
I'm all business in my suit
Yeah, I'm dressed up for success
From my head down to my boots

I don't do it for the money
There's bills that I can't pay
I don't do it for the glory
I just do it anyway
Providing for our future's my responsibility
Yeah I'm real good under pressure
Being all that I can be

And I can't call in sick on Mondays
when the weekends been too strong
I just work straight through the holidays
And sometimes all night long
You can bet that I stand ready when the wolf growls at the door
Hey, I'm solid, hey I'm steady, hey, I'm true down to the core

And I will always do my duty no matter what the price
I've counted up the cost, I know the sacrifice
Oh, and I don't want to die for you
but if dyin's asked of me
I'll bear that cross with honor
'cause freedom don't come free

I'm an American soldier, an American
beside my brothers and my sisters I will proudly take a stand
When Liberty's in jeopardy, I will always do what's right
I'm out here on the front line
Sleep in peace tonight
American soldier, I'm an American soldier

Yeah, an American soldier, an American
Beside my brothers and my sisters I will proudly take a stand
When Liberty's in jeopardy I will always do what's right
I'm out here on the front line
So Sleep in peace tonight
American soldier, I'm an American
An American, an American soldier



7 Comments:

  • I made a one-time gift at the Freedom Alliance website as well as a coninuing monthly gift. I hope our words will be followed by action. Less than the price of a daily newspaper can make a difference; and with the internet, I don't get the newspaper anymore anyway!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:31 AM  

  • Hi Sherri loved it. We need more stuff like this to support our troops.


    Andrew Zephir

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:45 PM  

  • "...when liberty's in jeopardy, I will always do what's right...no matter what the price"
    Toby Keith has struck a chord with our class, as it should with anyone who hears this song or views the video.
    Thank you Sherri for bringing us to attention...
    We are reminded of sacrifices of the men and women who are putting their lives on the line.
    For our liberty...for yours.

    By Blogger Contemporary History, at 10:32 PM  

  • This sounds to me like a proud soldier, with a lot of love for his country and his family. I'm proud of him, it takes someone who is strong to endure the things that soldiers endure.d00722368

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:44 PM  

  • Sherri, I really enjoyed the poem. This was a very touching song. I really makes you remember what sacrifices others make for us to live in America.


    hum410
    lj30988

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:05 AM  

  • Sherri, I really enjoyed the poem. This was a very touching song. I really makes you remember what sacrifices others make for us to live in America.


    hum410
    lj30988

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:07 AM  

  • Everytime I read this it makes me want to go and fight for our country. I probably would go enlist in the military if we had a leader who didn't place his troops in harms way for his own pleasures.

    LM6249

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home