Straight Up with Sherri

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Miss Mae Says: "Bring Me a Brown Sack and Take Me Home."

Via Email from Kenneth Mullinax:


Mom visited with Mae 30 minutes late yesterday.

UAB Medical spoke with Beth Gaddy and they arranged a humanitarian visit for Mom and Buddy each day at 5:30pmcst with no stipulations attached.

We are still filing before the newly appointed Judge on Monday in LaGrange, Ga. but until then, we didn't want pride or anything to stand in the way of Mom and her brother visiting their sister. It is good for Mom's condition (she is still in UAB Hospital) and it is great for Mae too.

MAES CONDITION
(1) Mom spoke to the charge nurse and Mae is listed as stable....that is fabulous for a women who was in hospice.

(2) Mae has an IV in her arm and is being hydrated.

(3) Mae has a temporary nasal feeding tube.

(4) The charge nurse said Mae's heart is doing well.

(5) Mae is cognizant.

(6) Mae recognized Mom and spoke in sentences.

(7) Mae is still speaking softly because her throat is still very sore from dehydration but she is speaking.

(8) She is in the critical care unit but stable.

When I visited my Mom at the hospital early this morning she (Lonnie Ruth McLeod Mullinax-Mae's sister) told me

"I visited with sister Mae last evening and she looks so much better now. Mae opened her eyes and when she saw me said 'where you been Lonnie?' I asked her how she felt and she whispered 'I can't buck dance.' I stayed with her for 30 minutes and when I got ready to leave, she grabbed my hand and said: 'Bring me a brown sack and take me home.' That was a saying of Momma's that means pack up my stuff. I am so thankful to the Lord that sister is doing so well now."

Praise Christ!
Thanks to Terri's friends for helping us bring this to the attention of the authorities and the media.

Although Terri's death was very tragic, she lives-through ALL of you and her spirit has brought my Aunt from hell to the serenity of a caring, competent hospital.

Ken Mullinax
(Can you sense my big grin now?)




WHAT GREAT NEWS!!!
WE GIVE GOD THE GLORY!

4 Comments:

  • Praise God, from Whom all blessings flow;
    Praise Him, all creatures here below;
    Praise Him above, ye heavenly host;
    Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:11 PM  

  • Hallelujah for the good news today!!!

    I don’t think Beth can misunderstand the meaning of “take me home” in this instance. And the spirit of Ms Mae, “I can’t buck dance,” is amazing.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:31 PM  

  • Wow!! I'm enjoying the comments as much as the story!! Happy Ending! To God be the Glory!!!

    KH
    0976

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:11 PM  

  • To God be the Glory, GREAT THINGS He has done!! Mae sounds like a wonderful person; looks lovely in her picture, too.

    Liked the Buck Dance, RWNJ. Thanks! You can get a feel for Mae's character :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home