Straight Up with Sherri

Friday, November 19, 2004

What Does RACISM Have to do with FISHING?

That's it! I'm HOT! HOT, HOT, HOT, HOT, HOT, HOT, HOT! Most of you who have visited before know that I only post once a day, well today is the exception. Every post here has been well thought out, and researched. (except the FUN ones! See: CELEBRATION TIME! and Just for Laughs!) This post is pure adrenaline!

I read all about the racist cartoons that surfaced this week. At first I was mortified. Being a woman, I guess my knee-jerk reaction was imagining how Condoleezza and Colin must feel. I also realize that this is just "more of the same" from the liberal pity party turned tar and feather, and by now, they know the true colors of the Left and are use to it. I honestly figured it would just have to ride out.

Now, I have had enough, and am calling them to the carpet. In a story at Wisconsin State Journal we have some disturbing fanfare!

An unrepentant Sly explained why he called the nominee to be secretary of
state, Condoleezza Rice, an "Aunt Jemima" and outgoing Secretary of State Colin
Powell an "Uncle Tom" on the radio Wednesday.
Sly, the on-air name for John
Sylvester, told WTDY-AM (1670) morning show listeners that Rice, who is black,
bought her way into the White House with obedience to President Bush.
"I'm
not apologizing for what I said," Sylvester said Thursday in an interview. "I
stand by it.
"I was aiming that directly at a black person that is letting
himself (and herself) be used by an administration that has been extremely
hostile to minorities," he said.
"Being subservient and being a black role
model are two different things. I think (Rice) has not only been bad for the
country and for national security, but I think she's been a bad black role
model.
"I don't think being subservient to white people and not blowing the
whistle on their misdoings is a good role model at all."
Sylvester said his
comments were not a ratings ploy. "People know who I am. I don't need to get
attention."
"I did call her the Aunt Jemima of the administration because I
think not only have they used her race as a trophy, but I think her price of
admission to the White House has been complete obedience to the white power
structure in the White House," Sylvester said. "(And) I called (Powell) Uncle
Tom. Frankly I think they bought his silence."

For those of you who have not seen the cartoons:

If you know anything about Colin Powell or Condoleezza Rice, you know they are both impeccable role models for ALL of us.

Here are some comments about this from Gino (a black man who called Rush):

You know, I can't say how back I am taken at the New York Times and the article, the cartoon. I'm waiting for
black leadership to stand up and say "Hey, you know what? This is wrong." I'm
waiting to hear Jesse Jackson; I'm waiting to hear from the leaders of the
Nation of Islam; I'm waiting to hear from Jesse Jackson, Jr.; I'm waiting to
hear from Al Sharpton, but I'm waiting to hear from them. But you know what I'm
going to hear, Rush? I'm going to hear silence. Do you know why? It's not,
"Well, I'm up for the black man." They're more Democratic than they are black.
That's the only way I can put it. They are more Democratic than they are black,
and I have to say –
Where I come from, I'm from, like I said, from the inner
city, raised in the projects 20 years of my life. I had to make some
adjustments, and because I tried to make some adjustments. I was ridiculed. I
was turned off.

And here's Tony :

CALLER: Yeah, Rush. It's a pleasure to listen. Basically, I'm an inner city
young black male from Indianapolis, and I'm going to tell you, you know, I don't
totally agree with Bush and Condoleezza Rice, but I would say that I would
debate Condoleezza Rice on the issues, and I would respect her doctorate. I
respect her experience, and you know what? I think it's crap that these guys
will resort to these tactics when 30 years of breaking out cartoons, these
racially motivated cartoons. I'm not the staunchest supporter of the Bush
campaign and, you know, and I'm not a strong supporter of Kerry, either. He was
-- he was, who knows what was wrong with him --

but I'm gonna tell
you no heart how you feel about this issue, the debate has to be on the issue,
and I'll tell you what: I'm hot right now. I'm hot. This is unbelievable.
You brought some points up. The lady in Glen Burnie, Maryland, she was a
hundred percent right. The welfare system was put in place to destroy the black
families. You know, you get a benefit when you drive the black man out the home.
You know, the benefit is for the black man being gone. The benefit is for there
not being cohesion in the family. All this stuff set into place, and I thank God
that right now it's like a time of enlightenment where the truth is coming out,
where people are finally seeing the truth, and people are making decisions. I
know a lot of black people who voted for Bush just for the simple fact -- and
I've been a Democrat my whole life -- but for the simple fact the Democratic
Party has gone off the deep end.
They've totally lost their mind, and the
only restraint is to pull back and vote for the Republican Party where there was
some kind of semblance of morals.

It is infuriating at best to watch Liberals do this. They claim to want to help minorities, but truth be known, successful minorities scare them! Without racism and oppression, certain black "leaders" are out of a job! Liberals can't stop singing about social programs and giving everyone the label of victim. Feeling victimized never inspired me to pull up my boot straps! There is a thing known as righteous indignation, now THAT will get me moving!

I don't need to describe and explain the whole system to make my point. All I need is a well known, and often shared quote (with a little bit of improv). So, what does racism have to do with fishing? You give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day (and OWN him for life- as he returns for his daily portion). Teach a man to fish, and he'll eat for a lifetime (and he'll never forget what you did for him, as HE teaches others to fish too) I am glad to see the left become the "Emperor with no Clothes!"


6 Comments:

  • Great analogy Sherri!! It does describe perfectly the diff between LLL and the conservatives. The LLL tries to act like we want people to starve just because we want them to learn to fish instead of thinking the rich are always gonna feed them. PERFECT! I will be back. I haven't finished the series yet, so far- I am really impressed. Fact-Kung Fu-- That's YOU!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:07 PM  

  • Great post Sherri! Here's a link to another article about the wonderful relationship between our President and Ms. Rice:
    http://www.campaigndesk.org/archives/001127.asp
    Truly, they are a wonderful team!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:31 AM  

  • Sherri - It's time you got on the LGF blogroll! I think you should mention it there, and get some support rolling. The work you do on this new blog is phenomenal. I believe we need new, strong, Christian voices such as yourself. I do have one problem though: I wish you would change your nickname over there. I feel uncomfortable seeing the word 'E*il' in jest, since there is so much of the real thing in the World, particularly by those on the 'left'. I believe your name there should be 'Christian Conservative' or 'Righteous Conservative'. Would you please think about making a G_dly Change?

    Pastor George.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:36 AM  

  • Great topic Sherri.
    Its sad how in this country, African Americans are forbidden to have an opinion other than the DNC party line, under pain of being labelled Uncle Tom, The wrong kind of black, a house servant, etc...

    Free the black mind. They deserve the right to form their own opinions without being insulted and attacked as traitors to their race. And just what has 40 years of blind loyalty to the DNC party line done for African Americans. Look at dropout rates, out-of-wedlock birth rates, prison rates, income levels, the death of cities and neighborhoods...

    Jesse Jackson, the main horn blower for DNC-Black PC, and an well-documented communist knows that to control the masses you have to keep them dumb and dependant. You are doing a fine job with that "Reverend".

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:41 AM  

  • Post #166 from 'Iron Fist' is an example of what I'm talking about with your name. I felt extremely uncomfortable reading that trash. His allusions to his unfortunate prelidictions involving yourself have no place in a public forum. Again, the name gave him the 'hat' to hang his inappropriate comments on.
    Pastor George.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:52 AM  

  • Sherri,

    Keep the nickname. Although I do not listen to radio and am not familar with how you choose to be an eeeeevill conservative, it is obvious to me you are joking.

    Real evil exists in this world but do not elevate it to godly power by refusing to spell its name or make jokes about it.

    Shifra

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home