Straight Up with Sherri

Sunday, March 13, 2005

Sherri is going to Tallahassee!

Update for Groupies, Minions, and Trolls

Not ready to just enjoy the sun and sand of the St. Petersburg high life, Sherri has put the little Kia in gear and headed north to Talahassee. The rally in Pinellas Park, a tremendously moving experience stirs memories already as she drives up Highway 75 toward Capital City.

She remembers the speechs. She remembers the statements of Mel Gibson that were presented by Bob Schindler. She fondly recalls the moments she actually got to meet Bob and Mary Schindler. There were so many speakers, it became a blur of emotion. One fellow mentioned that he had stopped at a Winn-Dixie market on the way down and picked up this bunch of carrots. Holding them high, he proclaimed, "These will never become human, and Terri Schiavo will never become a vegetable!" There was the speaker from the Crisis Pregnancy Center, who told of a lady who came in mistakenly thinking it was an abortion clinic. After comforting and counseling, she was proud to announce that "Paul" has just been born and taken home. He is now on the "life support" of a formula bottle. A perfect little baby boy!

Oh, and there was that interview with the local television station that Sherri did. "Why is the press so Felos-friendly and hostile toward Terri down here?", she wonders. But then, Sherri never met a microphone she didn't like. Not all are so virulent, the Talahassee Democrat newspaper certainly supported us.

And there were friends, so many friends, some of whom she has only known by way of the internet. Keeka from ModelBlog in Philadelphia was there. Kate Adamson was there from California. There was an entire busload of supporters from Maryland who came down displaying a banner. There was Renee, who came all the way from Colorado to be here. And to think this little lady from Georgia had the opportunity to chat personally with all these people.

And now, the dreams turn northward, toward Tallahassee. First to meet up with some friends who went out of their way to find Sherri; a family of five dedicated to going anywhere and doing anything to help the cause. Dr. James Dobson will be speaking.

And she hopes to get the chance to meet another young hero, "Billy", who is currently on a feeding tube. Each day, he goes to the State Capitol to sell sandwiches. At one time, he was in the same condition that Terri is today.

Still echoing in the back of her mind is that one nagging question, "Will I get escourted out of this Capitol Building, too????"

This post by Right Wing Nut Job
A plea to groupies, minions, and trolls: If you have a couple of bucks you would like to share to help Sherri continue this pilgrimage of mercy, hit her Tip Jar.

7 Comments:

  • I'm only a lurker at LGF or I'd post there. But what about an appeal to LGF? Surely Charles could host one?

    Angie.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:55 PM  

  • "Will I get escourted out of this Capitol Building, too????" hahahaha
    You go girl!!!

    God, please bless this redhead; guide her and guard her.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:14 PM  

  • Levi surely this is just what Charles is for? He is very much a supporter of the Republican Party and is a huge supporter of the Bushes!!! (Including Jeb!!!) Let us know what he says. I have sent many people to LGF in recent months and they are all delighted with it.

    Angie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:19 PM  

  • Angie, Charles has been asked repeatedly by many people to allow at least a thread on this debate, but has refused to even consider. He simply feels this issue is too political and will not cover these type issues or abortion. I will not comment further as my thoughts about his silence on this are known well enough. I have just about abandoned even posting at LGF because of his inflexibility on this and after all it is his blog, but my change shall not hit his tip jar again.

    By Blogger jlfintx, at 10:55 PM  

  • HEY THERE!

    I am BACK!

    I am exhausted- have some things to get done so I can clear my head!

    I traveled over 1800 miles in 54 hours on about 8 hours of sleep in the ame 54 hours....

    RWNJ will be posting some exciting details soon- I have already filled him in of some of the highlights....

    I need to get my head cleared review my materials and get my stories written....

    Thanks again--- so much!

    Bobby Schindler is going to keep me posted as to the BEST place for me top be next weekend- IF I CAN MAKE ANOTHER TRIP!

    It all depends on how things go this week as to the best place to be--
    THANKS YOU AND GOD BLESS EACH OF YOU!

    I told the Schindlers how awesom you all are and that I was there representing each of YOU!

    They were touched and overwhelmed by YOUR support!

    By Blogger Straight Up with Sherri, at 12:01 PM  

  • Levi

    I guess we can disagree on LGF. I know the WOT is a life and death issue and that is forefront with Charles. However, this is no less, maybe not at the same magnitude, but zero threads when he does deviate at times to do personal things is what I was referring to. I have hit his tip jar more than once, so I should have no problems emailing and asking him to do a single thread on something that is important to many of us. With the exception of the WOT, Charles is still pretty liberal. That is not a problem, but it is true all the same.

    By Blogger jlfintx, at 12:43 PM  

  • dEAR SHERRI i PRAY THAT YOUR JOURNEY TO TALLAHASSEE IS A MAJOR SUCESS AND MY GOD KEEP YOU AND KEEP BLESSING YOU.

    D00558989 PW

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home