Straight Up with Sherri

Monday, April 18, 2005

Action Alert and the TRUTH Behind the Push to Outlaw Some Ultrasounds!

This is a LONG post, but VERY IMPORTANT! Please read the ENTIRE POST! Action Alert included!

Planned Parenthood, the nations LEADING ABORTION PROVIDER, and the Illinois State Medical Society encouraged [State Rep. Rosemary Mulligan] to sponsor legislation which would make it a criminal offense for an ultrasound to be administered without a doctor's order.

They CLAIM the legislation is based on concern about long exposure of fetuses to ultrasound waves.

Why Would Planned Parenthood SUDDENLY take an interest in the HEALTH of an unborn child? An article in
World Magazine may hold ALL the answers! PLEASE Read it ALL! LIFE is worth it!

Moving Pictures
ABORTION: Young mothers describe how ultrasound technology persuaded them to choose life for their children


by Lynn Vincent

It's no wonder private and nonprofit funding programs such as Focus on the Family's "Option Ultrasound" push to equip crisis pregnancy centers with sonogram technology: Eight in 10 centers report that "abortion-minded" women decide to keep their babies after seeing ultrasound images. WORLD interviewed three ultrasound converts to learn what they had in common, how they were different from each other—and why moving pictures changed their minds.

A hurricane and a heartbeat

Raised in a Bible-teaching church, Andrea Brown knew right from wrong. But a personal struggle triggered a spiritual one: "I was doubting God, questioning my faith," said the 25-year-old Cheverly, Md., medical assistant. "I was still putting on this façade at church that I was still serious about God. But I was living a double life."

That life included party-girl nights and a sexual relationship that Andrea knew was going nowhere. Then in September 2003, something weird happened: Eating carrots started making her really sick. Someone joked that she should take a pregnancy test. Though Andrea scoffed at the very idea, she secretly bought a home test and took it in a Taco Bell restroom. "I didn't want to go do it at home," where she lives with her mother and her father, a teaching elder at Jericho City of Praise in Landover, Md.

The test showed Andrea was pregnant; two more tests yielded the same result. "I was in shock," Andrea said. "I thought, I can't have this child. My parents will be disappointed. People at church will think I'm a hypocrite."

Andrea called around looking for clinics that performed sedated or "twilight" abortions. "I had had girlfriends who told me how an abortion felt and I knew I couldn't be awake through knowing they were taking the baby out of my body."

Andrea scheduled one appointment for Sept. 19 at a clinic in Clinton, Md. But she continued paging through the phone book, randomly dialing numbers through eyes bleary with tears. One call connected her with the Bowie Crofton Pregnancy Clinic.

"Do you do abortions?" Andrea asked.

No, the voice on the phone replied, but a counselor could talk to her about alternatives. That piqued Andrea's curiosity. She also liked Bowie's offer of a free sonogram.

Other clinics "were short with me, not polite or nice at all," she said. "A few places I called were emotionless about the fact that I was whimpering and crying on the phone. Their attitude was ‘Do you want to make an appointment or not?' . . . I was reaching out and asking for help and [the Bowie Crofton people] were the only ones offering it."

Two days after calling the pregnancy center, Andrea showed up for her appointment and spoke with counselor Sharon Greenip. When Sharon asked Andrea why she was considering abortion, Andrea confided what she saw as her failure in her relationship with God. The two talked and prayed together, and scheduled a sonogram for a few days later.

Though Andrea told Sharon that day she had changed her mind about the abortion, the truth was she was still flip-flopping. And she didn't cancel the Sept. 19 abortion appointment. "I was so distraught and so humiliated," Andrea said. She prayed, knowing the abortion was wrong, but asking God to let her know He cared about her struggle.

Then, on the day she was supposed to have the abortion, Hurricane Isabel savaged the East Coast, knocking out power—including power to abortion vacuum-aspirators.

A series of further "coincidences" kept her in confusion, but Andrea remained undecided. That is, until she returned to Bowie Crofton for a sonogram and the nurse pointed out her baby's heartbeat. At that moment, she said, she knew she wasn't going through with the abortion.

"The beating heart is the very essence of life itself," she said. "The sonogram showed me that if I had had an abortion, I would've been murdering my child."






DON'T GO ANYWHERE YET!

THERE'S MORE!

Some other images that Planned Parenthood DOESN'T WANT YOU TO SEE!

WARNING: THESE IMAGES ARE VERY UPSETTING!
Baby Malachi

21 week old clings to Doctor's finger from inside mother's womb!

I have NO WORDS for this one

Is this NOT a human being?

Partial Birth Abortion

Another Pro-Choice VICTIM!

VERY UPSETTING!

11th week

THIS IS HOW CONCERNED PLANNED PARENTHOOD IS FOR THESE LIVES!

For more on Planned parenthood, see THIS:

The Most Merciful Thing That the Large Family Does to One of its Infant Members is to Kill It




ACTION!!!


House Bill 2492 is headed to the Illinois State Senate Health and Human Services Committee!(the bill number remains the same as in the house). If we can get them to vote NO on this bill, it will DIE! Let's get moving before this hits the Senate floor and there is 10 times MORE work to do! Make sure they GET THE MESSAGE; tell them to vote NO on HB 2492.

Health and Human Services Committee



Please take a moment to tell Representative Ron Stephens how much we APPRECIATE HIM!

info@ronstephens.com
http://www.ronstephens.com/

Ron is VERY pro-life and is very busy fighting another Pro-Abortion stunt in Illinois right now! We really need to try and cover BOTH of these!


I will be providing an ACTION ALERT on the Pharmacy Stunt pulled by the Governor of Illinois a little later today. Right now- Let's get this Senate Bill STOPPED!

9 Comments:

  • Hi Sherri,

    Wrote my thanks and appreciation to Ron Stephen's email addy, and am working on contacting the Health and Human Services Committee right now.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:52 PM  

  • Does you have any email addresses for these committee members? I don't have a FAX machine.
    Thanks.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:05 PM  

  • YES! I just got a list put together! Please see the post above this one with the update!!

    It just took a little while to get it all put together in order to make it as easy as possible for you all!!

    THANKS SO MUCH!

    By Blogger Straight Up with Sherri, at 2:30 PM  

  • Personally I believe that having an abortion is wrong. and most women go through it because the men left her and there is no way she can povide for the babe. I this case that was very brave the she kept the babe and smart because i dont believe in abortions.
    Pw D00558989

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:20 PM  

  • I am one with you...it is wrong!

    MC4322

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:20 PM  

  • I do not agree with abortion, however..people make mistakes really bad one...I know women who have had them, and afterwards what the men they had relationships with for who they really were..One life lost but also one life saved. I can only pray the really look deep inside ask for forgiveness...and do the right thing...everyone is againt abortion...but few of them are willing to adobt...and even worse when some of us do the red tape is enough to make you just give up....where is the win here?

    mm5521

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:38 PM  

  • I had two abortions, both very early, pretty much as soon as I found out that my birth control method had failed.

    I can give excuses -- in the first place, I was not in love with my then-boyfriend and should have broken it off with him long before, and in the second place I was under treatment for moderate-to-severe depression -- however, I have come to know that God doesn't take excuses, though He understands them. Moreover, repentance may get you at least a hearing before God, but it will not let you off the hook for the consequences of your actions in life. I repent of my sins every day, and I apologize to the babies I stopped from being born, babies who surely had a right to be alive in this world just as I am now. The consequence of my actions is thatm now, when I have put the depression behind me, married a good man, and want to have a family with him, I am infertile. Treatments so far have not worked. Our respective grandparents will have no grandchildren, if not from us.

    Our actions always have consequences, ladies and gentlemen: Consequences that we may never even see for years. We have moral codes to help us know right from wrong by the consequences of right and wrong actions -- too bad that two little innocent lives paid for my lack of attention when I was younger.

    No blame attaches to the doctors -- they were just the hands of my decisions. No blame attaches to the men who would have been the fathers -- the decisions were mine.

    Actions always have consequences. If God is just, I'm headed straight for Hell. I know that. My only hope is in God's mercy through Christ's salvation.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:34 AM  

  • Typo: "Our respective grandparents" should read "our respective parents." My only sister's marriage has failed in such a way that she has no wish to remarry, and my husband's only sister is about to have a hysterectomy for fibroids. So two families will die out in the next generation if we cannot have children.
    Actions have consequences... and, as one of my old friends said, "'what you don't know you don't know' is always operating."

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:41 AM  

  • A little wiser and much, much sadder said...

    Thank you for sharing all this. I am sure this was difficult, and your courage is inspiring.

    God is just, but HIS mercy knows no bounds. I believe he is pleased that you have come to know Him and repentence is the key.

    I wish I could comfort you. There is no sin, there is no wrong that is stronger than the blood of Christ. NONE!

    By Blogger Straight Up with Sherri, at 8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home